2015

» Acquired oleochemical assets and business in Holthausen, Dusseldorf. Together with its earlier acquisition of oleochemical assets and business in Emmerich, KLK now operates in 2 sites in Germany.
 

» Formed a 50/50 joint venture with PT Astra Agro Lestari Tbk in connection with an existing company named PT Kreasijaya Adhikarya which owns and operates a refinery and bulking installation in Riau, Indonesia.

» Brought in a new partner, Mitsui & Co., to hold a 20% interest in its oleochemical assets in Zhangjiagang, PRC.

 

 

 

» Formed two (2) property development joint venture companies via Shareholders’ Agreements with UEM Land Berhad (“UEMLB”) as follows:

    (i)  Scope Energy Sdn Bhd (“SESB”) wherein KLK holds 60% equity interest in SESB and the remaining 40% are held

by UEMLB, to develop 500 acres of freehold land located in Mukim Tanjung Kupang, District of Johor Bahru, Johor into a mixed residential and commercial development; and
    (ii)  Aura Muhibah Sdn Bhd (“AMSB”), wherein KLK holds 40% equity interest in AMSB and the remaining 60% are held by UEMLB, to develop 2,500 acres of freehold land located in Mukim Senai, District of Kulaijaya, Johor, into a mixed residential, commercial and industrial development.


2014

» Launched the KLK Sustainability Policy which defines the Group’s commitment to sustainable practices.

» Acquired 100% of Tensachem SA, a Belgian company which owns a specialty chemical (surfactants) plant and business in Liege, Belgium.

» KLK conferred “Most Profitable Company (Highest Return on Equity Over Three years) in the Plantation Sector (for the third year running) in The Edge Billion Ringgit Club Corporate Awards 2014.

» Disposed of its 55% equity interest in Voray Holdings Limited, HK (which has investments in a cooking oil packaging business and bulking installation in PRC).

 

 

 


2013

» Acquisition of 63.2% equity stake in Equatorial Palm Oil Plc (“EPO”) via a Mandatory General Offer. EPO is listed on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange. EPO is engaged in the business of oil palm plantations in Liberia via its 50% equity interest in Liberian Palm Developments Limited (KLK owns the remaining 50% interest).

» Maiden refinery in Indonesia with a capacity of 1,000 mt per day was commissioned at Belitung Island.

» All of KLK’s plantations in Malaysia certified sustainable by RSPO.

» KLK conferred “Most Profitable Company (Highest Return on Equity Over Three years) in the Plantation Sector in The Edge Billion Ringgit Club Corporate Awards 2013.

» Formed a joint venture with PT Astra Agro Lestari Tbk (“AAL”) in connection with a Singapore incorporated company named Astra-KLK Pte Ltd (“ASK”) to market refined palm oil products and provide logistics services related to the said products. KLK and AAL have a 51% and 49% equity interest in ASK respectively.

 

 

 

 


2012

» Acquisition of 51% equity stake in Collingwood Plantations Pte Ltd (“CPPL”) by KLK Overseas Investments Limited, making CPPL a subsidiary of KLK. CPPL through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Ang Agro Forest Management Ltd, currently has the registered rights to approximately 44,000 hectares of leased land located in the town/Fourmil of Tufi in Northern Province, Papua New Guinea which it intends to develop into oil palm plantations.

» KLK made an issuance of RM1 billion in nominal value 10-year Islamic Medium Term Notes (“IMTN”) under its Multi-Currency IMTN Programme with CIMB Investment Bank Berhad and Maybank Investment Bank Berhad as joint lead managers.

» Disposal of of the entire global Crabtree & Evelyn business via the sale of 100% of the equity interest in CE Holdings Limited to Khuan Choo International Limited.

» Acquisition of 95% equity stake in PT. Anugrah Surya Mandiri (“PT ASM”) by KL-Kepong Plantation Holdings Sdn Bhd, making PT ASM a subsidiary of KLK. PT ASM currently holds a Certificate of Izin Lokasi for land measuring approximately 3,700 hectares located in Kampung Batu Putih, Kecamatan Batu Putih, Kabupaten Berau, Republic of Indonesia which it intends to develop into oil palm plantations.


2011

» KLK, via its wholly-owned subsidiary, Crabtree & Evelyn (Hong Kong) Limited has incorporated a new wholly-owned subsidiary namely, Crabtree & Evelyn (Shanghai) Limited in the People’s Republic of China.

» KLK, via its wholly-owned subsidiaries, KL-Kepong Industrial Holdings Sdn Bhd and KL-Kepong Plantation Holdings Sdn Bhd, has incorporated a new wholly-owned subsidiary, namely PT. KLK Dumai, in the Republic of Indonesia. The principal activity of PT. KLK Dumai is in the Basic Organic Chemicals derived from Agricultural Products Industry.

» KLK’s wholly-owned subsidiaries namely, KLK Emmerich and KLK Oleo Europe both of which are incorporated in Germany, had received notices from the local courts in Germany that the merger process was completed on 30 May 2011. As a result of the merger, the separate existence of KLK Oleo Europe had ceased and merged with and into the surviving corporation, KLK Emmerich.


2010

» Merger of KLK’s wholly-owned subsidiaries in Germany namely, KLK Emmerich, Rheinsee 312 and Uniqema. As a result of the merger, the separate existence of Rheinsee 312 and Uniqema had ceased and merged with and into the surviving corporation, KLK Emmerich, on 29 September 2010.

» Acquisition of Uniqema GmbH & Co. KG (now known as Uniqema OHG) (“Uniqema”) by KLK, together with its wholly-owned subsidiaries, KLK Emmerich and Rheinsee 312, of the entire interest and business assets used in the business of Uniqema.

Uniqema’s business is in the manufacture of basic oleochemicals (fatty acids and glycerine. The products manufactured by Uniqema are used by a wide variety of industries as intermediates for the manufacture of food additives, detergents, fabric softeners, cosmetics, lubricants, plastic additives, etc.

» Acquisition of a shelf company incorporated in Germany by KLK namely, Rheinsee 312.V V GmbH (“Rheinsee 312″) which is involved in the manufacturing and selling of oleochemicals.

» Acquisition of a shelf company incorporated in Germany by KLK namely, Rheinsee 311.V V GmbH (now known as KLK Emmerich GmbH) (“KLK Emmerich”) which is involved in the manufacturing and selling of oleochemicals.

» Acquisition of 95% equity stake in PT. Alam Karya Sejahtera (“PT AKS”) by PT. Sekarbumi Alamlestari, making PT AKS a subsidiary of KLK.

PT AKS holds Certificates of Izin Lokasi for approximately 5,900 hectares located in Kecamatan Membalong and Kecamatan Dendang, Belitung, Republic of Indonesia which it intends to develop into oil palm plantations.